Please note: links contained in this post and elsewhere on my website may include affiliate links. When you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. I only link to products and services that I love - and that I think you will love, too!
Have you ever tried making golden milk with fresh tulsi and fresh ginger? The results will absolutely blow you away. It’s a delicious change of pace from the usual golden milk, and the turmeric and tulsi team up perfectly as a power couple to support your immunity and emotional wellbeing. Find my recipe below!
Golden Milk with a Twist
Golden milk is a traditional Ayurvedic recipe that uses milk, honey, turmeric, and black pepper. It’s considered to be highly nourishing and often lauded for the anti-inflammatory properties found in turmeric. Unfortunately, I think that the taste of golden milk, at least in the original version, can leave a bit to be desired. Turmeric is very earthy and, personally, I’ve never really enjoyed it as golden milk!
In this version, coconut milk pairs with fresh ginger and fresh tulsi to create a much more sublime, aromatic golden milk that I love and prefer to drink chilled. If you can, buy a ready-to-drink coconut milk- usually found in the alternative dairy section at the grocery store along with nut, soy, and rice milks- instead of canned. Canned coconut milk will be too creamy to work well and usually has a higher fat content and calorie count.
This recipe is from my new e-book, Tulsi for the Garden, Kitchen, and Home Apothecary. You can download a copy of the whole e-book for free this week! It’s available for Kindle and the Kindle app, and the promotion runs from 11/26/18 -11/30/18.
Here’s the link to download your copy from Amazon. I hope you will let your friends know so they can grab a copy, too! Reviews on Amazon are always greatly appreciated, as well.
Here’s how to make your very own Turmeric Tulsi Latte. (Serves one, so double up if you want to have enough to share!)
Turmeric Tulsi Latte
- 1” piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1” piece of fresh turmeric, peeled and grated
- 1-2 tbsp finely minced fresh tulsi
- 1 ½ cups ready-to-drink coconut milk
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried turmeric (optional)
How to Make It
- In a blender or food processor, combine the grated ginger, grated turmeric, minced tulsi, black pepper, and coconut milk. If you like, you can add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder to add an extra boost of turmeric and to deepen the color of the finished golden milk, but it isn’t necessary.
- Blend for two to three minutes, until the tulsi leaves are blended well with the coconut milk and the milk begins to take on a golden color from the turmeric.
- Allow the golden milk to rest in the blender for 5-10 minutes. The color will deepen as the turmeric infuses into the coconut milk.
- Strain the blended golden milk through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove the pulp.
- Pour into your favorite glass or mug and enjoy!
Don’t forget to download your copy of the e-book over on Amazon. You’ll find instructions for making tulsi extract and glycerite to stock your home apothecary, lots of details for growing tulsi in your herb garden, and five more easy and delicious recipes to make with your homegrown tulsi!
All the best,